Konjac sponge has arrived – this will turn your facial cleansing wash into a gentle scrub!!
This fantastic sponge has brilliant benefits to your delicate facial skin :
- 100% natural – made from the Konjac Root
- Non toxic and scent free
- safe for all ages and skin types
- neutralises and breaks down dirt and sebum on skin
- gently brightens and smooths out skin
- our charcoal one is ideal for acne prone skin
- ideal 2-3 x week
- replace every 4-6 weeks
What a Konjac Sponge Feels Like
Konjac sponges feel finer than washcloths, and they’re softer than loofahs and many other face exfoliators. A water barrier forms over the surface of the sponge which makes it feel very slick (almost slimy), but in a good way.
The texture is a little similar to the typical white makeup sponges.
How to Use a Konjac Sponge
- When you first get a konjac sponge you’ll notice it’s small and rather hard. Soak the sponge in warm water for 15 minutes before the first use. Once you’ve used it, it will only need soaking for a minute or two before it softens and expands to about one and a half times its size.
- Gently squeeze the excess water out by pressing the konjac sponge between your palms. Don’t be rough with it. Apply a small amount of facial cleansing wash.
- Rub the konjac sponge on the face in upward, circular motions. Concentrate on dry or blackhead-prone areas. It’s a mild exfoliator, so it may feel like you need to scrub hard to get it to work, but that isn’t necessary. These sponges will remove dirt, sunscreen, and even makeup.
- Rinse the konjac sponge well with cool water and gently squeeze the excess water out by pressing the sponge between your palms. Don’t twist, wring, or pull on it.
- Hang it to dry, or put it on a rack so there’s airflow. Alternately, you can keep the sponge in a sealed container in your fridge. Make sure to store it away from light and humidity. Right next to your steamy shower isn’t the best option.